Each Owner will be created and managed as a person on the FEI Database and will have their own FEI ID number.
Companies and Corporations will also be properly managed and have their own individual FEI ID number; a function to manage multiple owners will also be available.
An Owner is mandatory when creating a new horse and must be kept up to date when ownership changes, it is therefore important that your National Federation takes into account these changes.
WHAT IS THE NEW PROCESS FOR NATIONAL FEDERATIONS?
- This change will influence the way a new Owner is created on the FEI Database or an Owner Change is performed as of this date.
- You will create the Owner as a person on the FEI Database; information regarding this Owner (address, nationality etc) will only need to be entered once on their Owner profile.
- When a new horse is created, you will create a new Owner using this new process, this Owner will be attributed with a FEI ID number.
- Any Owner Change made as of 4th September 2017 will also go through this new process and the Owner will be given a FEI ID number.
- If the Owner already exists on the FEI Database, you will simply select the FEI ID/name when creating or changing an Owner.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS NEW PROCESS?
- It will be possible to link and find all horses owned by one Owner through the use of the FEI ID number.
- In the future, Owners will be able to view a list of their horses on their own FEI ID profile page and easily see results and information about their horses.
- You can easily use the FEI ID number of the Owner when needing to add a New Owner or perform an Owner Change.
- It will facilitate National Federations in regards to updating Owner information, address, nationality etc.
HOW ARE WE HERE TO HELP?
- We are aware that this change will affect your internal workflow; we will create Guidelines on this HowTo page which will explain the different processes and changes to the FEI Database.
- The FEI Web Services will be adapted to incorporate this change, the documentation detailing the specifications is available on the National Federation Web Services page.
- We are more than happy to help with any questions you have regarding these changes and assist in any way possible: email@example.com